Yes, there are fees for selling on Tophatter.
- There is a success fee which is charged when an item is paid for.
- There is a commission on the final sale price plus the shipping price of each item.
- There is a processing fee for processing each paid order. It is comparable to PayPal processing fees.
- By listing items, sellers agree to the Default Fees.
- Fees are deducted prior to payouts.
- Selling terms are subject to change at any time. We will honor the selling terms in place at the time the item was scheduled.
- In the event of a technical/site error, review What if there is a site outage?
- If a refund is issued, review Can seller fees be refunded?
1. Success fee
- The success fee is charged when an order is paid.
- A sale is considered to be successful when an item goes on the block and is successfully paid or it is purchased via the catalogs.
- Commission is charged on the final sale price plus the shipping price. Commission is charged on an item when it is paid for.
3. Other deductions
Along with the scheduling fees, commission, and processing fees, other deductions may include the following:
Chargeback Fee: If a chargeback is initiated by a buyer and it is not covered by Seller Protection, this fee will be assessed.
Refund Deduction: When a refund is issued, Tophatter pays the refunded amount to the buyer and a Refund Deduction will be invoiced to the seller for the net amount. For more information on how refund work please refer to our article What if my buyer requests a refund?
Shipping Label: Sellers who purchase shipping labels from Tophatter will see this charge for the Shipping Label they have purchased.
Shipping Label Confirmation: Sellers may purchase optional signature confirmation.
Shipping Label Insurance: Sellers may purchase optional insurance for a minimum $1.00 additional charge.
- Disbursement Correction Fee: Infrequently Tophatter may need to recoup funds that were disbursed in error. This is done by adding a Disbursement Correction Fee to a seller's account.